Bea Brat gives us LIFE with her music video for new single “Vagina Dentata,” an absolute must watch for the whole family!
From Bea’s stunning makeup, to the absolute smash of a song, to the crisp and clear cinematography, the music video for “Vagina Dentata” was meant to leave you shook! Not only is the song cleverly written, catchy, and fun to listen to, it’s also exhilarating to hear sonically. It’s also worth noting that the hyperpop instrumental has perfect buildups and high production value. The vocal delivery is what really packs a punch for me, making me want to come back and listen to the song any time I feel the need to release stress!
I don’t know about y’all, but I’m absolutely OBSESSED with Bea’s looks throughout the video. From start to finish, each look and scene in the video made a mental imprint on my brain, ensuring I won’t forget Bea’s facial expressions and beautiful makeup. Bea proves with this music video that she’s a force to be reckoned with, that she didn’t come here to play, and that she’s a professional ready to slay.
I got to ask Bea some questions about the music video, check it out below!
Describe your release in 3 sentences.
-Man eating. Feminine empowerment. Chaotic fun.
What was your favorite part about making this song and video?
-I’d have to say first hearing the beat and getting those initial lyrics that pop into your head when you hear something new & just filming was a dream come true! Austin made me feel SO comfortable it was just like hanging out with a friend. Having him and then my best friend Hazel Lush with me was honestly such a happy moment for me.
What was the hardest part making this song and video?
– The hardest part hmmm nothing really… I guess more-so the scene where Im on the floor with the trash, Austin wanted different shots and lighting to find the best look so we had to film it multiple times and it was really uncomfortable but nothing Im not used to!
Was this release cathartic for you?
– Yes but no. Yes in the sense of me belting my strong feelings about hating men & empowering feminine energy… no because compared to other tracks that are way more vulnerable on my EP it doesn’t compare.
What keeps you motivated?
– Honestly… I don’t know. I think just that pure energy of wanting to change people’s thoughts on performance art in general lights a fire under my ass. Using my voice/art to help others and myself. In different ways.
What can we expect next from you?
– Next? Oh hehehe you’re going to want to DANCE. I mean DANCE. You’re going to see a new side of me… sonically and visually… my next video is going to tell a story.
What other artists are you listening to right now?
– Shygirl, Skynd, Ocean Kelly, VZE, Cobrah, Bree Runway, Zheani, I listen to a lot of just one of songs by different artists. What Im listening to is ALWAYS changing.
Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions for us, Bea!
Be sure to check out the music video below, stream “Vagina Dentata” on all platforms, and follow her on social media!
Written By: Bryce Quartz